Thursday, December 6, 2012

Psalm 119:81-82

Psalm 119:81-82
My soul longs for your salvation;
I hope in your word.
My eyes long for your promise;
I ask, "When will you comfort me?"

Our souls' greatest need is God. It is when we are in distress, feeling distant from Him, that we begin to realize our need of Him. When we lack of Him, we call to Him. It is for Him we long.

But on what premise can we rightly trust God? How do we know He is faithful? Our hope comes from His word. We know God stands because His truth stands; it is unbound perfection (v. 96). His word will never fall (Is. 40:8).

As Jacob persisted for a blessing (Gen. 32:26), so our prayers must also be persistent in times of adversity. Let us always be hoping in God's word and longing for His promise and comfort. May we never give up seeking Him. Rather, long for Him, for in seeking we shall find.

No comments:

Post a Comment